At Guelph General Hospital, we are committed to our Vision of Together, a healthier community for everyone.
Living our values is important here and if you want to join a team that is compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative and inspired, you can see more details about the position currently available below.
Current Rate of Pay: Min $38.78- Max $48.68
Current Shifts: Primarily Days-8 hour
The primary role of the Physiotherapist is to provide high quality, safe, effective and evidence-based care as related to physical and mobility function in partnership with patients and families, in accordance with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario standards and GGH’s mission, vision, values and policies. The Physiotherapist:
- Acts as a clinical resource and provides education to the interdisciplinary team
- Obtains assessment information that is utilized to develop and implement a treatment plan reflecting patient and family centred goals towards improving clinical outcomes
- Demonstrates interdisciplinary collaboration, communication and co-operation internally and externally to the Hospital, with respect to mobility and function and Physiotherapy scope of practice
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members and community services to ensure a safe and timely discharge into appropriate settings
In this role, you will:
- Have ongoing opportunities to learn and grow with a generous professional development program via our education assistance fund and in-house development programs
- Have access to an amazing total rewards package which includes competitive pay, health and dental benefits, Short and long term disability and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) where we match your contributions by 126%
- Be a part of an organization committed to the well-being of our workforce
- Support the Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression through our actions
- Be a part of a team of high performing health care professionals
Guelph is the perfect location for health care professionals seeking to make the most of life’s experiences. From our expansive trails and waterways to internationally recognized arts and cultural events, to diverse restaurants and craft breweries, the Royal City has something for everyone
- It’s one of Ontario's most robust and growing economies
- You will have access to excellent schools which include a university and college
- There are multiple centres of faith reflected in the community
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduated from a recognized school of Physical Therapy
- Registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Previous hospital experience and membership with the C.P.A. would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice, professional standards and life-long learning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
Come and join our team if you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be supported and empowered.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities. In pursuit of GGH’s vision of together, a healthier community for everyone, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of being compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and inspired to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.